Test day tips for GradeHub instructorsLast Updated: September 19, 2018
Test day tips
Instructions on test day
- Remind student to read the instructions printed on their answer sheet on how to complete it properly
- Mark an X for correct answers
- Darken box thoroughly (i.e., 100%) for corrections
- Have students use a black or blue pen or thin felt tip.
- Ask students if their answer sheet has brackets in each corner, is for the correct test, and has been printed with sufficient ink levels.
- If a student’s answer sheet is misprinted (e.g., without brackets), have them get a new answer sheet from you and discard the test answer sheet they misprinted.
- Students using extra answer sheets must also fill out their name and student ID
Handout test and collect answer sheets
- Provide students test and have them mark responses to questions on the answer sheets similar to the way testing is done with scantrons.
- Unlike scantrons, an X represents the correct answers and darkened boxes are for corrections.
- Although GradeHub has algorithms to handle a variety of circumstances, the GradeHub reader works best when corrections are completely filled in (i.e., 100%).
- Occasionally, students write very lightly. Again, GradeHub can read light marks but works best with darker ink marks.
- Collect answer sheets for scanning.