Scanning answer sheetsLast Updated: August 19, 2019
Scanning answer sheets
With GradeHub, answer sheets can be scanned with off-the-shelf scanners or multifunction printers.
Steps to scan your tests:
- Tip: If scanning from your desk, it is preferable but not required to scan without image enhancement. Many desktop scanning applications alter images. For example on a mac, you can access System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and use Apple's scanning software.
- Adjust your scanner settings:
- Select file type–PDF
- Save location–folder set up in 2.a. above (for example, Econ_101_final)
- Resolution–200 dpi
- Output Type –Black & White
- Page size–8 ½ x 11 or US letter
- Image correction–None
- Combine into a single document
- Place answer sheets in an automatic document feeder, if available, or place each test on scanner individually.
- To create straight images, make sure the paper guide is snug for an ADF or that you are placing answer sheets snug in the aliged corner for manual scanning.
- Scan answer sheets to a multipage PDF to your desired location (for example, Econ_101_final)
- As a general rule, a single multipage PDF batch should be less than 100 pages. GradeHub recommends batches of approximately 50 sheets at a time.